Hearings of the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber) are held in public. Below you will find links to the list of hearings arranged by type of application. The lists contains all hearings scheduled to take place in the coming month. These pages will be updated weekly with the schedule up to a month ahead.
Observing a Hearing
If you wish to attend as an observer, you are asked to contact the Housing and Property Chamber administration in advance of the hearing as space is limited. Places will be allocated on the day on a first come, first served basis and places cannot be guaranteed. When attending a hearing, observers are asked to bear in mind the following points:
- Hearings can be subject to sudden cancellation or postponement. You are advised to confirm that a hearing is still taking place by telephoning the administration on, or shortly before, the day of the hearing.
- The Tribunal may exclude observers from a hearing or part of a hearing, either on their own initiative or on the application of any party, where the Tribunal decide that a public hearing would adversely affect the fairness of the proceedings.
- The Tribunal may consider any such application on the day of the hearing, although parties are encouraged to make any such application in advance of the hearing. Guidance is available on the website.
- Where all or any part of a hearing is held in private, this will not be open to observers
- Whilst you will be able to attend a hearing, you should be aware that you will not be entitled to participate in the hearing in any way. In addition you will not be provided with any papers or documentation in relation to the particular case.
- You should also bear in mind that the information which is discussed in hearings can often be sensitive and complex.